Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Higher Power?

A question I have been pondering about lately is the idea of God.

I have come to the point in my life where I need to make a decision on what my personal philosophy is and what I truly believe.



I grew in a very strict evangelical home. I do not want to believe anything because that is what I have been told my whole life. Just because this is what I have always been told doesn't make it real/true. I mean think about it everyone grew up being told something was true.

So lately, I have been thinking maybe there is some higher power. Something bigger and stronger, and all "He" wants is for us to listen to him and depend on him. In all reality, we can't do everything on our own.

Maybe this is all a bit hazy and relative. But I got to believe there is something above and everyone else just has their own ideas how he came about.

Who knows. I am probably wrong.

-Cj

1 comment:

Myydraal said...

I say as long as one knows to question, to think, to reason, and yet to allow ones self to believe, that that person is on the right track to having a deeper understanding of the world around us.
The first step is questioning,
The next step is confusion
The last step is belief in your own confusion.
=P